Houston chefs create delicious Girl Scout cookie treats at Just Desserts
Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council (GSSJC) hosted its annual donor appreciation event, Just Desserts, in late January at The River Oaks Country Club. Donors who give $500 or more annually are invited to attend Just Desserts to sample sweet treats using Girl Scout cookies made by Houston's most talented chefs.
This year's participants included chefs from Edible Designs by Jessie, Dolce Delights, Michael's Cookie Jar, Dessert Gallery, Haven, Ooh La La: The Dessert Boutique and Phoenicia Specialty Foods.
Girl Scouts were paired with members of the media who served as the competition's judges, which included Sonia Azad of ABC-13; KPRC Local 2's Amy Davis; Cleverley Stone of Fox 26 and CBS Radio; Sara Stephens of Houston Family Magazine, Lizzet Lopez of Univision, and Sarah Rufca of the Houston Chronicle.
The girl judges and assistant chefs were all top cookie sellers, having each sold more than 1,000 boxes of cookies during the 2011-2012 Girl Scout year.
Participants earned the following titles:
- Most Creative Recipe: Edible Designs by Jessie
- Best Use of Cookie: Dolce Delights
- Best Table Display: Michael's Cookie Jar
- Celebrity Judges Favorite: Dessert Gallery
- Most Delicious: Ooh La La: The Dessert Boutique
- Most Camp Friendly: Haven
- Best Theme Interpretation: Phoenicia Specialty Foods
- People's Choice Award: Ooh La La: The Dessert Boutique
Special thanks to our chef and media supporters for making our event memorable!