Media Contact: Mona Tolbert
Girl Scouts pins down non-traditional recipes in celebration of S'mores Day
Here is one of our favorites:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 16 peanut butter cups, regular size
- 1 1/2 cups marshmallow fluff*
*Fluff is pretty impossible to measure, so this doesn't have to be an exact amount, just kind of eyeball it. As long as you have enough to cover the PB cups, you’re good to go.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 baking dishing with parchment paper; coat lightly with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl of the bowl of stand mixer, beat butter and sugars until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Scrape down the sides. With the mixer on low, stir in the flour, baking powder, salt, and graham cracker crumbs until mixed.
- Spread 2/3 of the dough on the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Lightly press the peanut butter cups into the dough, then spread marshmallow fluff on top. Press the remaining dough on a non-stick surface into the shape of an 8×8 square. Place the square on top of the fluff and press down lightly.
Bake for 30 minutes or until the edges just begin to brown. Allow to cool for at least two hours* to give the bars a chance to set, then remove from the pan and cut into squares with a large, sharp knife.
Girl Scouts of the USA is the world's preeminent organization for girls, with a membership of more than 3.2 million girls and adults. Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place. Chartered by GSUSA to provide Girl Scouting locally, Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council is the second largest Girl Scout council in the country serving more than 70,000 girls and 19,000 adults in 26 southeast Texas counties. Join us as we celebrate 100 years of Girl Scouting in the United States in 2012.
GSSJC | Communications Department
3110 Southwest Freeway Houston, TX 77098