Save the Date: Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council’s Annual Urban Campout Honoring Nancy and Bud Simpson
- WHAT? Girl Scouts’ Annual Gala Urban Campout, “Celebrate Volunteerism Around the Campfire”
- WHEN? Friday, April 24, 2009 at 6:00 pm
- WHERE? George R. Brown Convention Center
- WHO? Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council wants all troop leaders, volunteers, staff and Girl Scout supporters to be a part of Urban Campout as we honor longtime Girl Scout friends Nancy and Bud Simpson.
- WHY? Since 1991, Girl Scouts has hosted its annual fundraising gala known as Urban Campout. Hundreds of adult Girl Scout supporters look forward to the interactive camp-themed gala which brings the camping concept indoors.
Funds raised from Urban Campout specifically benefit community-based programs developed by Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council (GSSJC) that give more than 19,000 girls in low to moderate-income communities the opportunity to participate in outreach programs. These programs include: Girl Scouting in the School Day which provides contemporary issues programs to girls; Girl Scouting Beyond Bars which is designed to help incarcerated mothers foster healthy, lasting relationships with their daughters; Activity Centers, which are Girl Scout meetings that take place in schools, community centers and public housing facilities; an After-School Day Care Program in collaboration with the YMCA and leadership development projects with various housing authorities and schools. To date, more than 50,000 girls have benefited from the more than $2 million raised through this event. Contact Diana Taub at (713) 292-0358 or email@example.com for sponsorship opportunities or more information.
Girl Scouts of the USA is the world's preeminent organization for girls, with a membership of more than 3.7 million girls and adults. Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place. Chartered by GSUSA to provide Girl Scouting locally, Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council is one of the largest Girl Scout councils in the country serving more than 65,000 girl members and 17,000 adults in 26 southeast Texas counties. For more information call 1-800-392-4340 or visit www.gssjc.org.