Connie Chavez Villarreal
Call the Cookie Hotline to Order Your Favorite Box of Girl Scout Cookies Today!
Thousands of Girl Scouts hit the pavement on Jan. 10 to begin taking orders for Girl Scout cookies. But don’t fret if no one has knocked on your door asking if you’d like to buy some Girl Scout cookies. You can call the cookie hotline at 1-888-GS-COOKIE to place your order.
- The 2009 Cookie Sale ends March 29. In addition to knocking on neighbors’ doors, Girl Scout troops will sell cookies at “Cookie Booths” outside neighborhood grocery stores beginning February 20.
- During the annual sale, several tons of Girl Scout cookies arrive in the city of Houston for distribution to thousands of Girl Scouts throughout San Jacinto Council’s 26 counties.
- The price for a package of cookies is $3.50.
- All varieties of Girl Scout cookies have zero grams of trans fat per serving. The eight varieties of cookies offered this year are: Thin Mints, Peanut Butter Patties, Peanut Butter Sandwiches, Shortbread, Thanks-A-Lot, Caramel DeLites, Lemonades and portion- controlled Daisy Go-Rounds.
- Through the Cookie Sale, girls gain confidence, as well as communication and business leadership skills that will benefit them throughout their lives. The program teaches girls about teamwork, goal-setting and fiscal responsibility.
- The Girl Scout cookie program is run by girls, for girls. It is one of very few youth-oriented programs in the country that provides its participants the opportunity to decide how to direct the proceeds generated through their business activity.
- All of the revenue earned through the Girl Scout cookie program benefits our community and local Girl Scouts. The sale helps girls fund their favorite activities, earn recognitions and in some cases, pay for camp. At the Council level, proceeds are used to provide financial assistance to girls, maintain campsites, keep camp and program fees at a minimum, and support special initiatives, such as offering Girl Scout programs in underprivileged communities like public housing facilities and detention centers.
Girl Scouts of the USA is the world's preeminent organization for girls, with a membership of more than 3.5 million girls and adults. Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place. Chartered by GSUSA to provide Girl Scouting locally, Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council is one of the largest Girl Scout councils in the country serving more than 64,000 girl members and 18,000 adults in 26 southeast Texas counties.
GSSJC Pluralism Statement
Embracing and promoting pluralism is an integral part of every activity and plan of Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council, not disconnected or separate projects. Only individuals willing to accept and be educated about the basic tenet that Girl Scouting is for all girls may serve in volunteer leadership or staff positions.
GSSJC | Communications Department
3110 Southwest Freeway Houston, TX 77098