Carousel is a unique troop camping program where older host troops plan a special program around a unique theme for participating troops. Troops enjoy activities such as swimming, canoeing, archery, songs and games, crafts, hiking and more. Host troops receive a free weekend at camp, wonderful leadership and planning opportunities – all while having fun! Carousel is held at several GSSJC camps throughout the year and are usually offered to girls in grades 1-5.
Camps typically take place on weekends. Troops arrive Friday evening and depart by noon on Sunday. The cost of camp is $15 per person for girls and adults. Register online or by using the Program Registration Form, and include event code 10-56-15-6235. The registration deadline is two weeks prior to the session date.
Remember, Carousel IS NOT a community weekend or event, resident camp or day camp. To sign up to be a host troop, contact George Ann Barrett.
Troops are responsible for:
- A currently certified outdoor trained adult (please send in a copy of certification with registration)
- A current First Aider and a first aid kit (please send in a copy of certification with registration)
- Regular troop camping supplies
- Simple meals to be cooked in outdoor facilities
- Troop and personal camping equipment
- Troop participation in the exciting Saturday activities
For more information about Summer Carousel Camps, contact George Ann Barrett, (713) 292-0313, firstname.lastname@example.org.
New and exciting Carousel sessions are always being added to the calendar. For more information on dates and themes, check the Council Information Network (CIN) and in future issues of The Golden Link.