Celebrate 100! – The B.I.G.* Event
* Believe In Girls
Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council invites you to an exciting event to celebrate the 100th Anniversary of Girl Scouts with our girl and adult membership and the community. Join us for our Celebrate 100 – The B.I.G.* Event! Take part in an all-day celebration that promotes everything that is cool about being a girl at the George R Brown Convention Center, Saturday September 29, 2012 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
This is an event for girls, their families and friends as well as volunteers and the community to experience the wide range of activities our Council provides. The B.I.G.* Event is a BIG deal!
BIG doesn’t only refer to the size of the event. B.I.G. stands for Believe In Girls. We’re hosting this event to celebrate a milestone in our Girl Scout history, and because we believe in the GIRLS of today!
Here's an invitation from our Girl Planning Board! - Invitation to The B.I.G. Event
1. Buy a ticket to the event! Plan on using your product sale profits to pay a portion of the tickets.
The ticket will be an official event wristband.
The B.I.G.* Event wristbands are now available for purchase at the Houston Girl Scout Shop in the Program Place for Girls, 3000 Southwest Freeway, during regular shop hours. $15 per wristband.
Monday - Friday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturday 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Wristbands can be purchased using GSSJC's online event registration process through Sunday, September 23rd.
Troop/group leaders can register each girl and adult on the troop's roster just as they would for a Council event. Wristbands from these purchases will be held @ 'Will Call' on the 2nd floor of the convention center on the day of the event. These orders have been pre-paid, so the waiting time in our alphabetized 'Will Call' lines should be at a minimum.
Wristbands will be sold for $15 each at the event at our Registration booth on teh 2nd floor of the convention center (north end). The event will be held in Exhibit Hall 3A, on the 3rd floor, beginning at 10 a.m.
1. Wristbands are like cash. Do not lose them.
2. There are no refunds for The B.I.G.* Event wristbands unless the event is cancelled.
3. Children under the age of three do not need a wristband. Children age four and above must have a wristband to enter and participate in the event.
4. Have extra wristbands? Feel free to sell them to troops/groups in your service unit, friends or family members interested in attending who have not yet purchased their wristbands.
5. Once the wristband has been used, it cannot be 'shared' with another person.
With over a hundred booths of girl-focused activities, here's what the GIRLS can expect to do:
Face painting, make a SWAP, recycled crafts, hockey floor game, cards for soldiers, temporary tattoos, finger weaving, trying on old GS uniforms and posing for a photo op, ring toss, rhythmic cup game, sleeping bag relay, self defense skill building, learning about Braille, leaf rubbings, hula hoops, how to fold the US flag, making butterflies, African games & collective weaving project, learn about the GS Awards, anti-bullying activities, GS Law matching game, bean bag toss, sleeping bag relay game, learning trail signs, bandana fun, hopscotch, human chair, turning old t-shirts into cool things, paper bead making, origami, sew heart pillow, experiencing disabilities, learning about service opportunities, string games, GS Trivia Jeopardy game, friendship bracelets, honor our soldiers, Chinese jump rope, thank someone, learn about potential & kinetic energy, make a hair ornament braid, practice stacking wood for camp fires…
Make a wax hand… pose for a magazine cover photo shoot… shoot hoops, make a bracelet… learn about some very cool careers from our special guests… exchange SWAPS with other Girl Scouts… be mesmerized by a magician… and end the day with a dance celebration!
No Girl Scout event is complete without an act of service. Our Girl Planning Board has selected two worthwhile organizations and invites everyone attending The B.I.G. Event to donate an item or two. Start collecting now!
We are collecting 3 specific items for Cypress Cares:
1) Decks of Playing Cards, 2) Travel-size packs of Baby Wipes, and 3) Lip Balm for chapped lips
We are collecting 3 specific items for the Humane Society:
1) Hand Sanitizer, 2) Leashes/Collars, and 3) Towels (used, clean towels are acceptable)
- B.I.G. Event Schedule of Events
- Hints for making Sept 29th a GREAT day
- Who else is coming to The B.I.G. Event?
- B.I.G. Event FAQs - Updated 09/17/2012
This event is open to the public, so join us and discover the great things that can happen when you believe in girls!
Have questions regarding our 100th Anniversary celebrations? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or