Centennial Central: Camping Patch Challenge
GSSJC is rich with amazing camp properties and each one has something unique to offer! We encourage you to enjoy the wonderful differences at each camp during our 100th year!
We are excited to introduce our Celebrate Camping 100th Patch Challenge. Once all steps are completed you or your group will receive a special Centennial Patch and be entered into a drawing to win a free camping weekend, including a $50 gift card for camp supplies and groceries.
For those who want an even BIGGER challenge…
Girls who visit all 10 camps will receive special recognition and a Celebrate Camping 100th Award!
Start: September 2011
End: December 2012
Requirements: Complete steps 1-4
- Plan a trip and visit camp:
- Daisies: must visit – 3 different camps
- Brownies: must visit – 6 different camps
- Juniors: must visit – 8 different camps
- Cadettes: must visit– 8 different camps
- Seniors: must visit – 6 different camps
- Ambassadors: must visit – 6 different camps
- Level at time of completion
- To qualify as a camp visit you may attend one of the following:
- Weekend camping
- Day only trip
- Service unit event
- Council sponsored event
- Resident Camp
- Day/Twilight Camp
- Resident Camp Open House
- Regional events
Proof of visit: A picture taken next to a camp icon.
1. Camp Wind-A-Mere or Camp Whispering Pines: TeePee’s
2. Camp Robinwood: Lake Ann
3. Camp Agnes Arnold: Hipper
4. Camp Casa Mare: Sailboats
5. Camp Whispering Pines: Rope Trail
6. Camp Misty Meadows: Horses or barn
7. Camp Silver Springs: Pavilion or pool
8. Camp Myra S. Pryor: Sandy beach or horses
9. Camp Camwood: Bird Blind
10. Galveston Boat Club: Stairs
Share your camp experience by creating a story, drawing, collage, song or skit about your camp visits. Share these with your parents, other girls in your area or service unit, or submit to the GSSJC Communications Department (firstname.lastname@example.org). For assistance completing this step, take a look at the It’s Your Story − Tell It! Journey for your program level.
Complete a Celebrate Camping 100th Patch Challenge form for each girl participating in the program. The form is located on the CIN. Submit the form along with picture(s) of visits to:
GSSJC- Program Department
c/o George Ann Barrett
3110 Southwest Freeway
Houston Texas, 77098
All camp visits must be completed by December 15, 2012.
Good luck and happy camping!
Have questions regarding our 100th Anniversary celebrations? Email email@example.com or call 713-292-0369.